Design: Best Programmes in South Africa
Friday, August 28, 2020
Are you looking for the best programme in Design? A career in design is not for everyone. Imagination and creativity are musts if you want to succeed. A degree in Design will allow you to have a wide range of job possibilities because you will master skills that will allow you to perform an impeccable job. If you are interested in pursuing a career in design, here are the best degrees in Design offered by top universities in South Africa.
Why should you study Design?
Different types of Design you may pursue
- Interior Design: Interior Designers use design principles and techniques to arrange the living spaces of buildings. They master their creative process and select the most suitable colours, materials, furniture, etc., in order to enhance the comfort and quality of life and create aesthetically pleasing living spaces, making clients feel comfortable in their homes, their offices, restaurants, hotels, etc.
- Web Design: A web designer, also called interactive designer, is a person who creates web interfaces and website pages for the internet. Whether you need a blog template, a simple web page or a complete website or mobile app design, a web designer will meet your needs.
- Graphic Designer: A graphic designer is someone who creates visuals, images and other visually-appealing elements, usually for conveying an idea. A Graphic Designer’s job includes logos, brochures, leaflets, business cards, invitations, packaging, and more.
- Animation Design: Some examples of the work of an Animation Designer include animated movies, such as Finding Nemo or Frozen, and video games. Animation Designers use special effects and technology to bring these characters to life. Some of the most sought-after animation designing skills are – Maya, 3ds Max, Cinema 4D, Blender, Photoshop, Flash, and After Effects.
- Fashion Designer: Fashion design is the art of applying design, aesthetics and natural beauty to clothing and its accessories. It is influenced by cultural and social attitudes, and has varied over time and place.