International students: Why should you study in South Africa?
Friday, September 4, 2020
The South African higher education system is constantly developing new ways to improve the educational experience of its students. With impressive ranking results, the education students receive is top quality and 80% of its graduates believe that their qualifications have prepared them to enter the workforce. Here is why you should consider pursuing a course of study in South Africa.
South Africa: Past, Present and Future
The current state of South Africa’s higher education system has been shaped by its turbulent past, and its dynamic present. Now, it has a promising future.
Why study in South Africa?
- Enjoy the beauty: South Africa is a wide country, full of life and colourful places. If you choose to study there, you will get to know the beauty of nature in its fullest splendor. From its mountains, to its breathtaking sea and the wide range of species of the animal kingdom, it’s impossible to not fall in love with this country.
- Learn in a multicultural environment: South Africa’s multicultural society presents a spectacular opportunity to enrich your knowledge of the world, learn from others, experience different ways of living and expand your horizons. Universities in South Africa are multicultural because it houses students from all over the world. This means you will not only be immersed in one new culture but in many cultures. This once in a lifetime opportunity will enrich your experience and will provide you with a wide perspective of the world.
- Study at Top Universities: South African universities continue to improve the quality of its education because the government spends a high percent of its national budget on education with 10 percent earmarked for higher education, besting countries like the U.S, Germany, India, Japan, and Canada. This shows the country’s commitment to improving education and to increase the amount of international students at their premises.
- Reduce the cost of education: it is much cheaper to study in South Africa than in other countries even though the education South African universities provide is top quality.
- Study in a prestigious environment and prepare for the future: according to surveys, graduates from South African universities are highly praised by employers around the world. This is so because of the knowledge and skills students have acquired during their studies, such as decision making, analytical and critical thinking, problem solving, among others.
As you can see, there are many reasons why you should consider studying in South Africa if you are interested in studying abroad. Not only will you have a promising career, but you will also have the opportunity to live in a different culture, which will enrich your experience and your life as a whole.
The following are some of the best Universities in South Africa:
University of Cape Town
University of Johannesburg
University of the Witwatersrand